Minor signs of Qiyamah are happening now. Day of Judgment, also known as the Last hour, is one of the pillars of Iman. To have a firm belief in Allah and his religion, one has to have a strong faith in all the pillars of Iman, including the day of resurrection. Muslims believe that this world is only an illusion, and the actual life is the hereafter.
On the Day of Judgment, every individual has to answer Allah for their acts in this life. And then, the person will be granted heaven or hell based on their deeds in this illusionary world. In Quran, Allah says,
“Allah, there is no god but He – He will most certainly gather you together on the resurrection day, there is no doubt in it; and who is truer in word than Allah?” [4:87]
Muslims are always curious about the exact timings of the Day of Judgment. The timings of the last hour are not known to anyone except Allah. In Quran, Allah says,
“Verily Allah, with Him (Alone), is the knowledge of the Hour” [Luqman: 34].
However, there are some minor signs (Fitna) before the Day of Judgment and major signs of Qiyamah. After the completion of these signs, the Day of Judgment will occur.
You may also like to learn about the Major Signs of Qiyamah.
Minor Signs of Qiyamah(Fitna) Before the Day of Judgement in Hadith
There are many minor signs of Qiyamah. Some of them have already occurred in the past, and some will happen in the future. After completing these minor and ten major signs of the Day of Judgment, Qiyamah will occur. So, if someone thinks Qiyamah is close, they must pay heed to these major signs of the Day of Judgment and minor signs of Qiyamah.
Minor signs of the Hour that Has Already Occurred
Enlisted below are the minor signs of Qiyamah that have already occurred in the past.
- The moon will split
- An epidemic, or any mode of death that will kill hundreds and thousands of Muslims.
- There will be a massive fight in Medina which is regarded as an Al-Harrah battle fought in the Yazid era.
- Muslims will take over Jerusalem
- Muslims will conquest Constantinople
- Two major groups of Muslims will fight with each other
- There will be war between the Muslims and distinctive people having tiny eyes and wearing sandals made up of the hair.
- There will be peace between the Muslims and non-Muslims belonging to the yellow race. It is considered that these people are Chinese and Mongols.
- Thirty imposters will appear on the earth, claiming the false prophecy.
Minor Signs of Qiyamah Happening Now
Following are the minor signs (Fitna) before the Day of Judgment that is happening now in the world.
- Barefoot and naked shepherds will compete with each other
- Slave women’s giving birth to their mistress
- Appearance of Fitna
- Ignorance will spread, and the people with knowledge die
- Wine will be permissible and will be drunk by lots of people
- Zina will become common
- There will be a rapid increase in earthquakes
- Time will pass rapidly
- Murders will elevate
- The person will wish for their death
- People won’t be honest and trust-worthy
- People won’t be able to find an Imam to initiate the prayers
How Many Minor Signs are Left?
Enlisted below are the minor signs of Qiyamah that are yet to happen.
- The number of women will increase
- The Euphrates will unveil the gold treasure
- Muslims will take over Roman
- Jesus will follow Mahdi’s lead
- Rocks and trees will speak
- People will become wealthy
- Tribulations of various kinds will occur
- The moon will look bigger
10 Minor of the Day of Judgement in Hadith
One can easily deduce the 10 Minor signs of the Day of Judgment from this hadith of Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H), “The Hour will not be established till two big groups fight each other after that there will be a great number of casualties on both sides, and they will be following the same religious doctrine. Till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, each of them will claim that he is Allah’s Apostle. Till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars).
Earthquakes will increase in number. Time will pass quickly. Afflictions will appear. Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase. Till wealth will be in abundance, so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, ‘I do not need it. Till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings. Till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, ‘Would that I was in his place’ [Bukhari]
Wrapping up, aforementioned are some of the minor signs of the Day of Judgment. Some of the characters have already occurred in the past, some are happening now in the present, and some will happen in the future. After completing all these minor and significant symbols, Qiyamah will occur. On the Day of Judgment, every individual has to answer for their acts.